Last week (not going to make any excuses…I was a slacker!) was not one of my best weeks. However, in the interest of full disclosure and needing to hold myself accountable for all of my actions, it’s in the books. As someone’s blog read (and I apologize if you are reading this now…and I cannot give you due credit), there are no excuses! I cannot think of any…except that one night I was not feeling well…really, really severe migraine headache (okay, well, we know that exercise creates endorphins, and I would have likely felt better and at least earned some self platitudes, if I would have worked out). I didn’t. The scale was none too friendly this week, either. Another pound…in the wrong direction! Dang it! Again, I accept total responsibility. So, I am going to make the following goals (along with my plan of action to help get there!) for myself this week…
- Bring my lunch at least three times this week (no less eating out!!!)
- I have stocked up on frozen meal
- I have bread for sandwiches, if needed
- Exercise must be a priority…this should be number 1, most likely!!!
- Bring workout clothes to work so that I can change and hit the pavement before going home. I find that it’s way too easy to go home, eat dinner, and then hit the sofa…without doing what I know should be done!!
- I will work out three times before Thursday!!!! (Sidenote: We are leaving for Kentucky on Thursday evening for a weekend at HullabaLOU in Louisville…I am excited (live music is a love of mine...all kinds of music, but at these particular shows, I will get to see Bon Jovi, Kenny Chesney, Dierks Bentley, and Jason Aldean) and know if nothing else I will sweat, sweat, sweat...
- Posting here
- No excuses!!! No excuses!!! No excuses!!
- I get on the computer and read my entertainment news, and read all of the blogs I follow, I can certainly provide something…anything!
Saturday, some of the gals (We call ourselves "The Gang") and me went for an all girls boating adventure. It was an adventure (weather was not exactly the most cooperative, but there was still fun to be found on the lake...heck if there's no fun around, we make our own!)! I will be the first to admit that I had little to no faith in our ability to complete it (the normal Boatmaster was at National Guard drill)…but we (Okay, really one gang member did it--the rest of us just did what she told us) did it! (Okay, I did nothing except sit on the boat and get into the water)…but our fearless Captainess of the vessel (The AquaHolic--I love the name. Fearless Captainess came up with the name about four years ago, but was only recently reassured that it was a most terrific name for a boat that is on the water virtually every weekend!!!!) was awesome!!! She navigated everything from getting the boat out of the garage, hitched to the truck, into the water, drove us around on the lake, and then out of the water, on the trailer, hitched back to the truck, and home again! She’s who I want to be when I grow up…oh yeah, she knows how to drive a stick shift, too!!! I have included pics of
I also met Tammy (from From Fat to Fab ) for lunch on Sunday. I went through my closets (yes, you read that correctly—I have clothes in every closet in our house…that translates into lots and lots of clothing…too much really!) and passed along some of my (hope to be) left behind treasures. I have made a promise to myself (okay, this was just today…but I passed it along to Tammy, and hopefully she will help me out and hold me accountable)that whenever I buy anything new, I must get rid of one item (one in, one out). I hope to accomplish two things—1) Make my husband happy that there is closet space for something besides my wardrobe…I don’t know, a jacket or a coat, or something that might belong to him not belong to me; and 2) Pass along some real gems (or what I think they are, anyway) to someone else. So, the first bagful (and it was a Glad trashbag full--not because it was trash--but because that was the biggest bag I could find...) was handed off to Tammy on Sunday. I learned that out of the bag, she did get a few things…but she also paid it forward.
So, while it was not my best week of record...it certainly was still okay. I
Remember--"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Make everyday count!