What is a "bottom line"???

According to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, there are numerous "bottom lines"...a biweekly alternative newspaper at the University of California Santa Barbara, the running scores and news for ESPN (the ticker at the bottom of the screen); net income (revenue minus costs and expenses); music venue in New York City's Greenwich Village; a World Wrestling Entertainment syndicated television show; catch phrase of Stone Cold Steve Austin and John Vespa; a publishing company...and my backside!!!!

Monday, September 5, 2011

30 Days of Blogging Challenge-Day 4

Today's topic is to write about a habit that I have that I wish that I didn't.  And you know what, it's so funny that I have this topic to write about on this day!  My worst habit (this is just me paraphrasing the assignment...but if it was a great habit--then I wouldn't wish that I didn't have it, right?!?!?) is procrastination.   And the reason that is so funny is that I SHOULD be doing work right now...but I just can't bring myself to do it.   Instead, I will be behind the proverbial eight ball tomorrow morning trying to complete everything for month end close (our month closed on Friday, September 2).  Couple this daunting task with the fact that I have meetings tomorrow morning and training tomorrow afternoon--well, Tuesday will be a super busy day for me.  But, I guess that's how I like it...or I could have (would've, should've) done things differently today.   Along with the procrastination is that I tend to totally overbook myself on the weekends...or maybe all the time.  I just have a hard time telling people "no"...even to my own demise.  Invites to children's birthday parties, family gatherings, any multitude of parties where selling is involved...I am there, and will likely spend loads o'money for (cooking gadgets, storage containers, jewelry, etc.) things that I do not even remotely need.  I just have such a hard time telling anyone (except for myself) NO!  Hmmm...I am sure that there's some heavy duty psychoanalysis that might need to be done...the idea of being a people pleaser or something...hmmmmm....

I know that I tend to do some of my best work when the clock is ticking or my agenda is overbooked...but it also stresses me out.  So, one would (logically) ask why do I do this to myself...and I really have no good answer.  It's just the way that I tend to work.   I get the job done...and usually with a little time to spare.   My husband finds this totally annoying...but perhaps it's what works for us.  He's the one that works and then plays...and I am the one that tends to play before working...but the work still gets done.  Late nights and little sleep doesn't bother me too much...

Alas, I do think that tomorrow's fun accounting activities just might put a crimp into my training plans...wonder if that's intentional on some level?!?!?!

Until tomorrow...

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discuss amongst yourselves...here, I will give you a topic (Wait--I already have!). Comments, constructive criticism (and even not so constructive) are welcome...