Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself.
Day 02- The meaning behind your Blogger name
Day 03-A picture of you and your friends
Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn't have
Day 05- A picture of somewhere you’ve been to
Day 06- Favorite super hero and why
Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
Day 08- Short term goals for this month and why
Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days
Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad
Day 11- Another picture of you and your friends
Day 12- How you found out about Blogger and why you made one
Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently
Day 14- A picture of you and your family
Day 15- Put your iPod on shuffle: First 10 songs that play
Day 16- Another picture of yourself
Day 17- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
Day 19- Nicknames you have; why do you have them
Day 20- Someone you see yourself marrying/being with in the future
Day 21- A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 22- What makes you different from everyone else
Day 23- Something you crave for a lot
Day 24- A letter to your parents
Day 25- What I would find in your bag
Day 26- What you think about your friends
Day 28- A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?
Day 29- In this past month, what have you learned
- I took dance lessons (tap, jazz, ballet...limited ballet, more tap and jazz) for over 14 years of my life. There was a time when all I wanted to do was dance. Fortunately for me, I realized my limitations and my parents encouraged a more traditional career path, that included college.
- I love most types of music...though I partial to the Country genre. My husband has introduced me to many new bands...stuff that I know I wouldn't listen to if not for him and my good friend, Kim.
- Speaking of Kim...we met in college, where we were both majoring in Accounting...found out that our names are identical (Kimberly Dawn), separated by 2 months (she was born in January, and I was born in March) and our social security numbers are just a few digits off...Talk about a friendship that was meant to be! I love her...and even though we don't see each other that often these days, I know that I can count on her in a heartbeat.
- My college degree was a long time in the making--likely almost a record. For a 4-year degree, it took me almost 16 years to complete. However, in all fairness, 8 years of that was a hiatus from school. And the first three years I was studying English Education...but quickly (okay, not so quickly) abandoned that idea and went into Business. (My heart still wants to teach college English, though!)
- In my entire school career (Kindergarten through 12th Grade), I only missed 2 days of school. (And none until high school!). My senior year in high school, I fell and broke my arm at school and had to leave to have it x-rayed. After missing that day, I partook in Senior Skip Day.
- I like to think that I am the picture of perserverence. My parents instilled that you finish what you start...and I think that I do. Once, when I was about 12...I was in a solo dance competition. I fell off the stage...and continued doing my dance routine until the bitter end. It was a traumatizing moment for me--and I was heartbroken...and after the fact (about six months later), we were able to watch the video and have a laugh (or a thousand!). To this day, I think that my Dad has that video under lock and key in fear that I might take it and burn it.
- I won the school spelling bee in 5th Grade and got to go to the County Spelling Bee with all of the other schools in our county...I believe that there were about 40 schools represented (both Elementary and Middle Schools). I only made it through the first round. The
stupidword was "anthem". (Silly 5th Grader!!!)
- I am one of few true Georgia Peaches....most, at least around the metro Atlanta area, are relocated folks from other states. I have been told that I don't sound "Southern"...not sure if that's a compliment or not.
- I have been attending Weight Watchers for over 3 years now...and have never made it to my 10% goal. I have gotten close once...but I am determined that now, more than ever, I am going to make this happen!!! (Approaching the big 4-0 will do that for you, I guess!)
- I was born two months premature...39 years ago. I was born the night my mother had her baby shower. I was due May 15...and was born on March 5. I am truly a fighter, so my Dad says.
- I met my husband online....not through one of the paid matchmaking sites...but through AOLPersonals.com. (Guess we were both too cheap to pay!). We met over 10 years ago...and have been married 9 years as of August 24th. (That's not to say that I didn't meet a lot of losers while online dating...but that's another story for another time!)
- I am always in awe of any celebrity I meet. I haven't met that many, but each and every time, I know that I make a complete fool out of myself. I try to play it cool...but I know that I am starstruck and end up saying something stupid...it never fails! (And yes, I realize that these are real people with real jobs...and that
psychospeople like me just fuel their egos...but I just cannot stop myself from being all, "I'm your #1 fan (not creepy in the Kathy Bates "Misery" way...just excited...but I guess that it's really a fine line)!
- I am in training for my next half marathon (my second of 2011)! The good news is that I have a close blogger friend, Tammy, that's doing it with me. I always feel better when I have a partner in crime!
- My favorite book in the whole world is TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. I have read it a gazillion (really, I counted them!) times. It never gets old. I have only recently watched the movie on AMC...and loved it as much as the book.
- I miss my Mom each and every day. She passed away unexpectedly in June of 2006...2 days before her 55th birthday. While our relationship was not always the best...we had made vast improvements and strides. We were finally in a great place together. Just weeks before her hospitalization, we had taken a girls' weekend trip to Talladega to see the NASCAR races. It was a great weekend...even though the race was cancelled due to rain. My Dad took her back on that Monday so that she could see the race (I had to work!). I still can't watch a NASCAR race without twinges of sadness...and I have not been back to any track since May of 2006.