What is a "bottom line"???

According to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, there are numerous "bottom lines"...a biweekly alternative newspaper at the University of California Santa Barbara, the running scores and news for ESPN (the ticker at the bottom of the screen); net income (revenue minus costs and expenses); music venue in New York City's Greenwich Village; a World Wrestling Entertainment syndicated television show; catch phrase of Stone Cold Steve Austin and John Vespa; a publishing company...and my backside!!!!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Halfway through July

Man oh man!!!!  Here we are halfway through July--and I am a wreck!!!  Work is killing me (though I realize that I need to be grateful for any and all work...and most days, I am...but working until 8p most nights is really becoming a pain in my (growing) tush!!!).   We are in the process of trying to convert over to a new accounting system (read:  a huge pain in the neck...back...hind end...you name it...it's painful!) in October--and the whole way that we do things will change...Isn't this just the way life is--constantly changing?   I am a little bit concerned for my job...only because with the new and improved system, a lot of the functions for Finance will be centralized in our Dutch (corporate) office.  Of course, no one is saying the clock is running down...but would they?   Let's just say that I need to get the resume updated and become proactive in this employment search.

As for exercise this month--NON-EXISTENT!   (See above paragraph for pointless explanation justification).  The half marathon in Savannah is 18 weeks away--which means I need to get moving.   On a sidenote, I got an email from the series (Rock 'N Roll Marathon Series) this week...and because I will have done 2 events in a calendar year, I am going to receive an additional medal.  I am so excited about that!   I am such a glutton for the medals and/or t-shirts from events...nothing does a heart good like a little swag!!!  Anyway...need to get on board with that training plan a.s.a.p.

I have been scoping out local runs/events...I do so much better when I have something on the calendar...and not having anything on the calendar until November...well, that's just not quite the motivation I need/want.  The walk that I have done on Labor Day (last year and the year before) has been canceled due to lack of corporate sponsorship for 2011...so I am looking for another to replace it...I will be diligently searching active.com very soon...

Wanted to share a picture of our newest family member, Newton, too.   He's the (new) light of my life!   We think that he's between three and four years old...and is just priceless.  He never fails to amuse us on a daily basis.   I am looking forward to being able to take him with me for my long(er) walks/runs...but first we have to complete obedience training (apparently, he was allowed to roam in his previous life...he does not walk well on a leash...and it's way too hot for me to fight with him...thus, the reason for obedience training!).   He's recovering from his neutering (now he's Nutty Newton...though it has a whole different connotation now that some things are missing...sorry--that might have been too much information!).  We adopted him from a local rescue group...and apparently he had superstar status in the clinic.   He's been back a few times (once for kennel cough, then his surgery, and then the follow up visits) and everyone there is chanting, "Newton!", "Hey, it's Disney dog, Newt" and finally the vet, Dr. Good (yes, that's really his name...and his son, also a vet, is Dr. Phil Good...hilarious!) met us last weekend and told us that Newton was a special dog in their program...and he was so glad that we adopted him (I am led to believe, based on the above, that Newt was in the program for longer than most...).  Anyway, we go back on Saturday morning to get the sutures removed (I guess that because his manly parts had been with him for way long (his whole life), surgical glue just wasn't enough!).  Anyway...I present to you, Newton...

 How freakin' cute am I?

July has been a very successful month on the weightloss side of things, though...I guess that there's something to be said for tracking your food and maintaining all of your Points+ Values...Amazing how Weight Watchers has all of that figured out --like it's scientifically proven or something (again, read that with all of the sarcasm you can muster!!!).  The holiday came and went...and I lost 2 lbs. that week!  I am hopeful that this week will bring good news again!

Okay...my promise (okay, promise might be too strong of a word...should likely change to something like desire...hope...dream...) is that my posts will become more regular...and less sporadic.   I will rely on Newt to hold me accountable on all things...including my blogging.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discuss amongst yourselves...here, I will give you a topic (Wait--I already have!). Comments, constructive criticism (and even not so constructive) are welcome...